It’s time for Camouflage Christmas to begin it’s hibernation. It’s time to pack up the left over cards for next year and take a rest. It has been a long campaign and rest is certainly in order. I joke that during each campaign, God and I go round and round, toe to toe. I yell at Him and He stands firm. “Carry on,” He says. I stomp my feet like a toddler. It’s an exhausting endeavor and sometimes I just don’t want to do it. There, I admit it.
God’s right. Every single year, when the smoke clears at the end of each campaign, I am blown away. The reward DEFINITELY outweighs the cost.
Here’s 2013’s recap:
- Katie B. forms a chapter in Houston, TX (1084 cards)*
- Jennifer B. forms a chapter in Happy Valley, OR (99 cards)*
- Abigail B. recruits her sorority in Bowling Green, OH.
- Nicki N. recruits her friends and family in Florida and Michigan.
- Erin Y. recruits her clients (formerly homeless) in Charlottesville, VA (76 cards)*
- Card writing events were held at: Chick-fil-a (Houston & Mt. Pleasant), USPS, Moes, Wine & Design, The Woodlands Children’s Museum, Starbucks, multiple schools, and The Church of the Holy Cross.
- My family did not put a Christmas tree this year.
*These cards were mailed from their respective locations; therefore, they were not included in Charleston’s count.
People reached out in so many ways asking to help – and they meant it. We had card writers, card donors, postage cost benefactors, event volunteers, recruiters and teachers. The official count is in. The grand total for 2013 7th Annual Camouflage Christmas is 4760 cards! Yes that’s right folks. No, wait. THAT’S WRONG!! I just double checked the numbers and the official count is actually:
I can’t believe that I miscounted the first time. It’s a good thing I keep excel spreadsheets to help me with this. I should have referred to them when I posted the other count. GEESH!! The only thing we have to keep track of is how many cards we send out and I fumble at the 1 yd line. Oh well. Thanks for your grace.
So, another campaign is brought to a close. Thank you wonderful people for all that you did to make it a success. THANK YOU!!